The outstanding software MultiWii is released in version 2.2
I can’t wait for better weather to test thi new version on my 450Quad.
- introduction of HORIZON MODE.
We have now 3 modes:
This is the default one when none of the ANGLE & HORIZON BOX is activated.
The copter will continue rotating in the direction in which you tilt sticks. When you let go of sticks it will maintain that angle and not return to level
The position of the stick indicates the angle at which the copter tries to maintain. Sticks off = level. Full sticks in any direction and it will tilt at around 50 degrees. It’s proportional in-between.
It maintains the angle set by the stick. Let go of sticks and it returns to level
HORIZON mode <- new
It's a proportional mix of the two. Sticks off = level. Full deflection = ACRO. In between it gradually mixes from LEVEL mode to ACRO.
It's a fine mix to be able to do some ACRO with the safety of ANGLE mode when you release the sticks.
It allows also a more natural way of flying as the multi seems less constrained.
- failsafe code is more strict. (thanks to MIS)
If activated, it takes into account all the main channels and it's important to stay strictly inside the [1000-2000] range.
For instance a throttle of 995 will activate the failsafe
failsafe is optional and can be activated via #define FAILSAFE
- Acrotrainer mode introduced by PatrikE
a kind of non proportional horizon mode
more info here: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=1944
introduced by Bledi and Gary
corrected after to support optionally up to 2 AUX channels superposition to control the gimbal
- CAM STAB: (thanks to Gary and suggested or Arne)
Ability to define Cam Stab control channels used
Ability to turn off
Fix for AUX3 + 4 affecting tilt/roll with camstab enabled
- pilotlamp integration (thanks to mr.rc-cam, jevermeister, doughboy )
via #define PILOTLAMP
http://code.google.com/p/multiwii/wiki/ … _Pilotlamp
- LEDRING pattern was refined thanks to shikra
instructions here: http://code.google.com/p/multiwii/sourc … README.txt
- variometer introduced by Hamburger
enable to get audio feedback upon rising/falling copter/plane
via #define VARIOMETER
***receiver & UART***
- option to use throttle PIN as the PPM PIN on mega boards thanks to MIS
this way you can use the UART 1 for other purpose
via #define PPM_ON_THROTTLE
- every UART port on MEGA boards can be used at the same time with different baud configuration.
ie, you can connect up to 4 GUI or OSD or anything using MSP simultaneously
- the second UART port on promicro boards can be used at the same time with different baud configuration.
- spektrum (thanks to Danal)
- spektrum satellite up to 12 channels, even if only 8 are usable in multiwii
- spektrum satellite BIND button, to associate a satellite without the main receiver
- possibility to override some PIN definition in config.h (thanks to Hamburger)
- UBLOX GPS: the baud configuration is autodetected and the UBLOX binary protocol is automaticly set (thanks to MIS & EOSBandi)
- MKT GPS can now be parsed in binary mode is possible thanks to EOSBandi
made for DIYDrones MTK firmware v1.6 and v1.9
- I2C GPS:
correct directionToHome (change it to the opposite direction)
there is still a problem remaining when your distance to home reaches 654m: it overflows.
a I2C code evolution is needed to correct this problem
- a forward predictive filter was ported from the Arducopter code by EOSBandi
optional and by default activated: #define GPS_LEAD_FILTER
- first implementation of MSP_SET_WP
with the help of Ezio app (EZ-GUI), we can now control the multi with a smartphone: set a new position on a map / follow me / follow heading
see Multiwii EZ-GUI specific topic: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2034
some video about this functionality:
- AP_MODE introduced by PatrikE
used in GPS POS HOLD mode, outside the specified stick range the POS HOLD position is renew
- HELICOPTER and PLANE models was refined thanks to PatrickE and Hamburger
multiple helicopter type HELI_120_CCPM , HELI_90_DEG
servo configuration for plane, FLAP, FLAPPERON
- HEXH6 multicopter type added (thanks to shikra)
- Bi-Copter pitch direction setting
- USE_THROTTLESERVO (for airplanes), COLLECTIVE_RANGE changed (second value not offset anymore)
***GUI & OSD & LCD***
- a RECONNECT button was added by PatrickE
a file is now generated to indicate the last COM&Serial speed. The serial speed can be edited in this file to change the UART speed of GUI.
- New MultiWiiConf GUI v2.2 with graphical improvements (thanks to Magnetron and doughboy)
cool things like virtual horizon
- optional 3 independent configurations, stick selectable settings in EEPROM (thanks to MIS)
can be activated via #define MULTIPLE_CONFIGURATION_PROFILES
- a RESET button was added in the GUI
if you encounter any EEPROM problem or if you want to restore the default values
- on mega boards, it’s possible to define the LCD port for LCD supporting true UART.
- more parameters are tunable via LCD conf, all the one in config.h with a small (*) besides, thanks to Hamburger
those parameters will be moved in the GUI later in another step, once we find the good way to do it.
example: failsave.throttle , vbat tunable params , powermeter tunable params
- many telemetry and LCD config enhancements (thanks to hamburger)
telemetry page 3: use long boxnames
telemetry page 2: show numerical values for sensor data next to bar graphs
no user interaction necessary to run telemetry info upon start up
set individual board name string (currently used for display; no GUI representation yet)
- LCDconfig menu: with THROTTLE=High, increment is 10 times of normal
- servos are moved to neutral position during calibration and lcd.configuration
- RSSI PIN added for OSD use (thanks to Kataventos)
the RSSI output can be retrieved via a MSP message for OSD
- OSD BOX added for OSD activation (thanks to Itai)
- huge work made on an open source code OSD fully compatible with MultiWii (thanks to the team lead by Kataventos)
***IMU and baro***
- gyro calibration could be held until the MWC stops moving
introduced by MIS, and made optional after via a specific define: #define GYROCALIBRATIONFAILSAFE
- mag gain calibration is improved thanks to EOSBandi
based on Fabio FreeIMU code. We won’t forget you Fabio…
- perfect euler angle computation in case of 9DOF (better heading)
no more gimbal lock in GUI representation with a 9DOF sensor
- force sensors orientation to override board specific defaults
optional in config.h
- default ACC LPF factor reduced from 16 (2^4), and is share with ACC LPF for alt hold
- gyro/acc complementary filter value increased from 400 to 600
- gyro/mag complementary filter now set to 250 instead of 200
- gyro scale factor changed from 2380 to 2279
- accelerometer now used below 1.15G and above 0.85G instead of previous 1.4G/0.6G settings
- option: SENSORS_TILT_45DEG_LEFT/RIGHT to change X/P configuration without changing board orientation
- ALT HOLD is greatly improved thanks to the code of Mahowik, a little bit optimized since
improved baro hold (PID) algorithm that includes the accelerometer z-axis
its a real major improvement for multiwii
- baro calibration and calculation is improved thanks to Sebbi
baro indicates now altitude 0 when it is powered. This is the reference altitude.
- calculation of barometric altitude changed to include temperature, faster update rate
- new FC boards: SIRIUSGPS, SIRIUS_AIR, SIRIUS_AIR_GPS, MICROWII, GY_521, MultiWiiMega, DESQUARED6DOFV2GO, DESQUARED6DOFV4, LADYBIRD, MEGAWAP_V2_STD, MEGAWAP_V2_ADV, HK_MultiWii_SE_V2, HK_MultiWii_328P, RCNet_FC, FLYDU_ULTRA
- some default PID were changed for optimization speed in PID copmputation.
The default PID should behave exactly as the previous ones.
To restore your old PID settings, just a proportion is needed.
- 5 hardware PWM servos avaliable with Mega boards on pins 44,45,46,11,12 (thanks to MIS)
- EEPROM settings secured by checksum (thanks to MIS)
- optional permanent logging to eeprom
- change LED blink frequency for acc-uncalibrated or tilt>25 from 50ms to 10ms
- rework of task scheduler code thanks to ideas from Sebbi
we have now a better computation time repartition
- optional fixate cycle time (by burning cpu time away)
- allow override of motor/servo mixing from config.h – no need to edit Output.ino
- faster cycle time than with v2.1
- many many hidden optimizations in the code