As I purchased a Skywalker from Fpvflying I think it is appropriate to write something about this as well.
There is a huge thread with endless resources at RCGroups.com
My intentions with this aeroplane is to complement Tricopters/Quadcopters for aerial photo and FPV-flying.
It is a stable platform with a pushing propeller so you get a clear unobstructed view in the camera. It has a huge compartment for your equipment.
A list of items that will be used
- Hobbyking SS Series 40-50A ESC
- TR 35-36A 1450kv Brushless Outrunner
- HXT900 9g / 1.6kg / .12sec Micro Servo
- TURNIGY 3A UBEC w/ Noise Reduction
- Some servo extensions
- Eagle Tree Video OSD Pro Expander, MicroPower V4 E-Logger & GPS Expander for R/C V4 DataRecorder
- A Sony CCD camera
- FPV Fiberglass Pan-Tilt Camera Mount L-Size
- GoPro Hero HD camera
- Spektrum AR7000 RX with satellite
- 1.2-1.3Ghz 850mW Video RX
- Nylon Screws 6x60mm (10pcs)
- Strong Rare-Earth Button Magnets (10pcs/set)
- Folding Headless Prop Spinner 38mm / 4.0mm shaft
- Pushrod Snap Connectors 2mm (5pack)
- Pivot & Round Hinges 2×33 (10pcs)
- Control Horns 16x20mm (10pcs)
(they should be bigger than this)